To be considered for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Respond to and document emails and phone calls from members, customers, agents and internal staff in a 24-hour period. Ensure that third-party administrator partners are informed of various system, member, and other changes. Support conservation efforts via email and phone. Keep management informed of trends or unusual issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to emails and phone calls received from members, customers and agents within 24 business hours in a professional manner using established procedures and resources materials. Update resource materials to include answers to new issues.
- Ensure third-party administrator (TPA) partners are informed of system updates, member status updates and other changes.
- Document all email and telephone interaction with and regarding members and agents in customer relations management (CRM) system.
- Utilize a variety of resources, such as templates, policy certificates, TPA correspondence, etc. to research inquiries and investigate problems as they arise.
- Provide internal partners, e., the executive team and appropriate staff members with timely responses to requests for information or assistance.
- Make outgoing conservation follow-up phone calls to members who have not reenrolled again in an attempt to retain the business.
- Advise management about any trends or unusual inquiries that might suggest a system or documentation issue.
- Complete other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a customer service environment (health insurance, claims, administration or sales experience preferred).
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service via email and telephone that is timely, accurate and professional.
- Ability to work an alternate schedule several days per week to accommodate time zones and most productive conservation call hours.
- Ability to effectively analyze and problem-solve and use deductive reasoning to make sound decisions.
- Excellent PC and data entry skills with experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong sense of propriety concerning confidential matters.
- Team player, with the ability to work independently.
- Lives within a 2-hour driving distance of the Rockford, Illinois area, with a suitable internet connection and dedicated workspace to work from home.
- Multi-tasking and time management abilities with excellent documentation and follow up skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm, as in handling.
- Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word. Those activities in which require detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately and quickly.
- Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication with or without correction.
- Vision: Ability to see and read a computer screen and written documents with or without correction.
- Repetitive Motion: Substantial movement (motions) of the wrist, hands and fingers.
**The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.