Director, Direct-to-Consumer Sales
Department: Pivot – DTC Sales
Reports To: CEO of Pivot Health
Location: Ideally, this candidate would be located in Indianapolis, New York City or Miami.
Date Revised: 12/18/2019
To be considered for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DTC Sales at Pivot Health involves the marketing, sales, and enrollment of individuals into Pivot Health insurance products through online-centric, direct-to-consumer marketing. DTC Sales is a fast-growing part of the business, a core strategic area, and expected to be a core competency of the overall business.
The Direct of DTC sales will be responsible for growing direct-to-consumer product sales and ensuring the profitability of the underlying business by working with cross-functional teams including Product, SEO, Operations, Finance, and Sales Center departments. The Director of DTC Sales will execute on strategies to increase sales through growth of customer acquisition campaigns, increasing sales efficiency, and increasing customer lifetime value.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Setting and meeting financial/operating targets for the DTC business unit that are in coordination with company leadership and overall company goals, and working with cross-functional team to execute on them.
- Develop and execute on strategies to grow customer lifetime value, improve sales efficiency, and sales volume.
- Coordinating with and driving accountability with marketing teams (paid media, content/SEO, partners) affiliates, data/BI) to deliver on customer acquisition targets.
- Work with company leadership and marketing teams in opening up a new acquisition channels (e.g., an affiliate/partnership channel).
- Work with Digital Product team to prioritize product initiatives that impact business objectives around sales growth, sales efficiency, member retention, or product cross-sales.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Understand advertising & marketing compliance needs, and enforce compliance standards.
- Build, lead, and develop a team of professionals to execute strategies and meet key deliverables for the DTC business unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least ten (10) years of experience and demonstrated success as a leader within a digital marketing, direct-to-consumer, or other similar role.
- Experience in insurance industry, or other, similarly highly-regulated product/industry (such as financial, etc.).
- Experience coordinating cross-functional teams.
- Successful track record of holding direct and indirect team members accountable for results.
- Ability to operate hands-on – which will happen often with this role.
- Experience using online marketing tools and web-based technologies to deliver business results.
- Consumer-focused mindset.
- Experience growing digital channels.
- Working knowledge of online marketing and general marketing SEO/SEM and CRM software.
- Working experience with BI and analytics platforms (Tableau, Google Analytics).
- Possesses a broad knowledge of marketing techniques.
- Is curious and tests theories to capture supporting data.
- Strong project managements skills.
- Ability to build relationships across the organization and to collaborate with all levels and departments to accomplish goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm, as in handling.
- Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word. Those activities in which require detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately and quickly.
- Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication with or without correction.
- Vision: Ability to see and read a computer screen and written documents with or without correction.
- Repetitive Motion: Substantial movement (motions) of the wrist, hands and fingers.