Last Modified: November 5, 2020
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
NON-US AND CALIFORNIA USERS
Our Website and services are not intended for use by persons outside of the United States or for use by persons residing in the State of California.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information you provide to us (including through any insurance broker submitting an application for insurance on your behalf). This may include information you provide to a third-party website with whom PivotHealth has a commercial relationship that is transferred when you click through to PivotHealth after submitting information on such third-party website.
- Information we collect as you navigate through the Website, including usage details, IP addresses, and other device and session information typically collected by cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies as further described below.
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners, which include:
- Google Analytics Advertising demographics and interests are enabled, and we collect this information from Google on all traffic to PivotHealth.com.
- We use Google Analytics cookies to identify the demographics and interests of users of PivotHealth.com.
- You may opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features at any time, including through Ads Settings. Opt-out of Google Analytics here.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide (including through any insurance broker submitting an application for insurance on your behalf) by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
If you submit an application for insurance through our Website, you may be asked certain questions the responses to which may constitute “Protected Health Information”. For example, you may be asked questions regarding past or current medical conditions. Protected Health Information is further defined by the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and is subject to the protections of HIPAA.
USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
- Session Cookies. As you navigate through the Website, we may collect details of your visits to our Website using session cookies or other similar tracking technologies, including web beacons. Information collected by session cookies includes, but is not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, the resources that you access on our Website, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The following are illustrative examples of the purposes for which session cookies are used: for billing purposes, for system administration, to improve our Website and services and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual, except to the extent such information is paired with personally identifying information.
- Permanent Cookies. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using permanent cookies or other similar tracking technology. A permanent cookie is a small file stored on the hard drive of your computer until it is removed. Use of permanent cookies help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To assist you in completing applications for insurance.
- To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please either (i) do not provide your personal information; or (ii) elect to opt out of further marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions in any marketing communications you do receive. We may also provide our advertisers with aggregated information about our users (for example, we may report to them that 500 men aged under 30 clicked on their advertisement on a given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. When you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may assume that you meet the target criteria they selected.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
- The insurance carrier (or an intermediary with which such carrier has a commercial relationship) whose products you are applying for.
- Third parties who may send you health insurance related marketing communications via email.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business where such persons have a legitimate operational need to know that information.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- A third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of PivotHealth, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Notwithstanding that our Website and services are not intended for use by California residents, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.