All About Veganism
- The Vegan Diet: A Complete Guide for Beginners: Healthline explains the different types of vegan diets and the health benefits of going vegan.
- Why Go Vegan? Health benefits aren’t the only reason to go vegan. The Vegan Society outlines both health and ethical reasons to choose veganism.
- Nine Healthy Tips to Help You Start Eating a Vegan Diet: Eating vegan is not the simplest of diets, but EatingWell has some tips to make vegan eating easy.
Vegan Recipes on a Budget
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom Ramen: This delicious dish comes in at only $2.75 per serving.
- Vegan Taco-Stuffed Tomatoes: Use textured vegetable protein as a cheap meat substitute to make this hearty stuffed tomatoes.
- Vegan Lentil Sloppy Joes: Try this kid-friendly dish to get dinner on the table in a half-hour.
- Avocado Cream Pasta: For less than $3 a serving, you can have this delicious pasta dish.
- Brown Rice Stir-Fry With Vegetables: This life-changing recipe from Simple Vegan Blog is a staple of her weekly meals. It’s quick and easy to whip up, too!
- Hearty Vegetable Stew: This thick, hearty stew will fill you up and leave you feeling warm from the inside out.
- Balsamic Raspberry Roasted Vegetables: There are very few tastier ways to cook a vegetable than roasting it in the oven. This coating raises them to another level.
- Miso-Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts: This recipe not only is delicious but also has tips on how to get the crispiest Brussels sprouts.
- Vegan Seven-Layer Dessert Lasagna: This recipe is called “complete heaven,” and its pillowy layers do not disappoint. Peanut butter, chocolate, and caramel combine in a power trio.
- Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream: You don’t have to give up ice cream to go vegan! This coconut milk ice cream is a great summer treat.
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake: This rich, moist cake is topped with whipped vegan buttercream.
- Vegan Mocha Cheesecake Bites: Coffee, chocolate, and cheesecake combine into a decadent cupcake-sized bite. The lack of processed sugar makes this a healthy dessert as well.
- Sesame Noodles: This is a gorgeous, simple recipe that you can toss almost anything into. Try carrots or tempeh in it, or just eat it straight.
- Roasted Garlic Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo: Alfredo isn’t exactly the first thing that comes to mind when you think “vegan,” but this recipe’s depth and creaminess has to be tasted to be believed.
- Ten-Minute Mediterranean Vegan Pasta: Looking for a fast, unique pasta dish? Olives and dried cranberries make this meal a winner.
- Vegan Pad Thai With Thai Peanut Sauce: The colors in this dish pack a punch, and peanuts are a natural vegan choice.
- Bibimbap With Veggies and Tofu Bulgogi: Bibimbap is beautiful, colorful, and delicious. The tofu has a crispy caramelized outside that complements the bright flavors.
- Tofu Chorizo Tacos: Taco Tuesday, anyone? The spicy tofu chorizo is the star of this show.
- Mongolian Seitan: Sweet, a bit spicy, and beautiful, this seitan dish is best served with vegetables and rice.
- Baked Sticky Tempeh Potstickers: Tempeh is mixed with ginger, vegetables, and then wrapped in vegan wonton wrappers for a great meal.
- Chickpea Noodle Soup: Who needs chicken? This variation on a classic will cure everything that ails you.
- Vegan Wonton Soup: These vegan wontons are filled with mushrooms and walnuts. They’re then cooked in a rich broth and topped with fresh green onions.
- Cold Pea Soup With Herbed Oil Swirl: An herb-infused oil is what really makes this recipe pop.
Vegan Ingredient Replacement Ideas and Measurements
- Vegan Substitution Guide: This guide covers everything from chickpea flour to meat substitutes. It’s a one-stop substitution shop.
- Vegan Substitutions 101: Cookstr’s vegan substitution guide is split helpfully by category for a quick reference.
- The Best Substitutions for Easy Vegan Cooking: The Edgy Veg focuses on great vegan brands. It’s a great recommendation list for something specific, like vegan sausage!
- The Ultimate Guide to Vegan Meats and Meat Substitutes: One Green Planet’s substitution guide focuses on meat substitutes and goes into detail about each option.
- Vegan Dairy Substitutes: This guide goes in depth into dairy substitutes. The brands spotlighted here are excellent cheese alternatives.
Vegan Clubs and Organizations
- North American Vegetarian Society: NAVS is a nonprofit focused on supporting vegetarians and vegans and informing the public about the health benefits of plant-based diets.
- Vegan Action: This nonprofit is one of the world’s oldest vegan advocacy groups.
- Mercy for Animals: Mercy for Animals aims to increase compassion toward animals and end animal cruelty.
- PETA: PETA exposes animals suffering in laboratories, in the food industry, in the clothing trade, and in the entertainment industry.
- Vegan Outreach: Vegan Outreach is a 501 nonprofit organization, working to end violence towards animals.
- Jewish Veg: This organization’s mission statement says “We inspire and assist Jews to embrace plant-based diets as an expression of Jewish values”.
- “Wildman” Steve Brill: Steve Brill teaches people the value of common, overlooked, renewable wild edible and medicinal plants and mushrooms that people often destroy as “weeds.”